Finding myself

Finding myself
^_^

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Things That You Could Not Learn From The Textbook

It is true that we learned a lot of things: big, small, easy and hard... throughout our academic years. However, there are a lot of things in life that we could not learn from the textbooks.
I have just got back from a trip and to be honest, I have learnt a lot of things about life throughout this trip.
I got to know some people closer and deeper. I can say that I recognize them clearer and understand them better now. In other words, I got to see and know the true them. It is clearly shown that who are the ones who can be a true friend and who are the ones who can only be a surface friend.
Throughout these few days, I had a lot of thinking sessions. I kept thinking about a lot of things and also a few of the people in my life. I just miss them so much all of a sudden and felt so fortunate being able to meet them and to have them in my life. I wanted to shout out loud, "Hey, guys. I miss you all so so so much and I wished that you guys are here with me at this very moment." I have also realized that I have not treated them the way I should have, which is in a better way. But never mind, I will make it up to them.
Another thing is I really felt very very very sorry to this one friend of mine. I would not say she is my best friend but she is the one whom I think is being the nicest to me. She really care about me and really take good care of me but I took her for granted. She does not have to treat me the way she had and yet, she is just so nice. I have to say that, "XXXXX, you are the sweetest girl with a warm and kind heart who I have met. Thank you for being my friend and sorry for hurting you."
No wonder there is a phrase in the mandarin language that says, "Instead of reading millions of books, why don't we walk millions of miles." Now, I agree 100% with this phrase. Travelling really enable us to learn a lot of new things, to realize things that we do not understand earlier and most importantly to grow up. In a nut shell, it changes who we are, and even not to this extent, it will definitely changes the way we see things.
Oh, and yes. If possible, try go travelling with different groups of people. So that, ahemmm... we can "see" the true colours of these people. Well, I mean so that we can get to know these people better. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment